2012 Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge

Goal: Deadly Decades (4) - Accomplished!
  1. {1920-1929} The Man in the Queue (Inspector Alan Grant #1) by Josephine Tey (1929)
  2. {1930-1939} A Shilling for Candles (Inspector Alan Grant #2) by Josephine Tey (1936)
  3. {1940-1949} Green for Danger (Inspector Cockrill #2) by Christianna Brand (1943 book), Sidney Gilliat (1946 movie)
  4. {1950-1959} To Love and Be Wise (Inspector Alan Grant #3) by Josephine Tey (1951)
  5. {pre-1960} English Country House Murders edited by Thomas Godfrey
    • The Adventure of the Abbey Grange by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (pre-1900s)
    • A Marriage Tragedy by Wilkie Collins (pre-1900s)
    • Lord Chizelrigg's Missing Fortune by Robert Barr (pre-1910)
    • The Fordwych Castle Mystery by Emmuska, Baroness Orczy (1910)
    • The Blue Scarab by R. Austin Freeman (1924)
    • The Doom of the Darnaways by G.K. Chesterton (1926)
    • The Shadow on the Glass by Dame Agatha Christie (1930)
    • The Queen's Square by Dorothy L. Sayers (1933)
    • Death on the Air by Ngaio Marsh (1933)
    • The Same to Us by Margery Allingham (1934)
    • The Hunt Ball by Freeman Wills Crofts (1943)
    • The Incautious Burglar by John Dickson Carr (1940)
    • The-Wood-for-the-Trees by Philip MacDonald (1947)
    • The Death of Amy Robsart by Cyril Hare (1959)

4 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

Welcome! I'm so glad you're joining us for some Vintage fun this year. Great-looking line-up!

Ryan said...

Love The After House and I really need to read The Circular Staircase this year as well. Good luck!

Bev Hankins said...

I've noted your change to the Mini-Challenge. Maybe if you wind up with six you'll get tempted to go ahead and do eight anyway. :-)

Gina @ My Precious said...

Congratulations of finishing this challenge. It looks like a difficult one. I don't think I could have read 4 old books. Great job!

Post a Comment